Caribou Gear Tarp

OTC tags

RyeGuy74

Some family and I are trying to go Elk hunting and we don't have any preference points. Are OTC tags even an option for some non-residents or should be put the trip on the back burner for a couple years to get the preference points. We just want to go out and try our luck so we aren't looking to try to get into one of the hard to draw zones on our first ever attempt. Any help would be greatly appreciated

There are some good OTC out there and the best is to do both. Get some points going for a hunt you think would be your ideal and get some good experience. Then you will have the gear all worked out as to what works best for you

Some family and I are trying to go Elk hunting and we don't have any preference points. Are OTC tags even an option for some non-residents or should be put the trip on the back burner for a couple years to get the preference points. We just want to go out and try our luck so we aren't looking to try to get into one of the hard to draw zones on our first ever attempt. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Are you willing to put in for a draw with 100% odds or do you want the flexibility of a true OTC tag?

My strategy if I move out of CO will be to put in for states that give you a chance at drawing a tag (WY/ID/NM/UT) then go for a CO leftover or OTC.

I think the CO leftover or OTC tags are definitely worth your time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back