Caribou Gear

oryx in NM

I hunted last Feb and it's definitely not the easy road hunt like it used to be. That said, if you have some western hunting experience, have optics and know how to use them, you don't need a guide. Just be sure to do your homework on trophy judging.

In my opinion, the lower success rates have more to with the animals becoming more educated than decreasing numbers. However, we are still talking about 70%+ success rates. That's pretty high for a 2 day hunt. If you are used to hunting elk and deer on public land out west, you should not need a guide for the hunt. If you are really concerned with the type of trophy you want, then you might want to hire a guide.

Jeff which hunt did you draw. I will be hunting Rhodes Canyon Feb 26th and 27th.

Hey bighouse,

I'm headed to the Stallion Range & I'll hunt on Feb 12th & 13th.

I hope you have a great time and kill a nice one. I intend to have a lot of fun on this short adventure!

I have a couple of sons that have hunted the African planes game and they tell me US hunters have some what of a problem as most of the African game have harts that are quite a bit lower in the cavity.

Jeff you as well it is going to take me longer to drive there than I have time to hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back