Optics Best Value and Key Price Points

The Maven B2’s are a phenomenal binocular and I was very impressed with the 9x45. A little big and heavy but they balance well. It’s been a while since I saw what they are priced at. But if the 15% off gets them under $900 or so it’s a pretty good deal.
Yes I think the B2 9x45’s came out to $907 with the discount....just hard without looking through them side by side.

Ok thank you. The more research I do the more I lean towards the Meopta’s at the $1,000 mark or the Swaro SLC’s in 10x42. I just think of all the tags I could buy with that money....
I think that’s a pretty good price point to land on a first very-good binocular.

It helps living down the road from an Outdoor Life Editor. From last night. :)View attachment 136433
What did you think of those Tract Torics compared to the other ones sitting there? I have a Tract Tekoa on my Tikka and really like it. Likely going to drop some coin ($800) on a Toric UHD 3-15x50 for my new Browning x-bolt. Most online reviews are very positive and compare Tract to to stuff costing twice as much. German Schott glass and made in Japan.

Schaaf, what did you think of the tract binos, those have peaked my interest a little. What are the binos on the lower right?
I believe those are the new meoptas. I dig the new open bridge design. Definitely has me interested

I have some Maven B series binos that I got brand new for $650 and they are superb! They are a little heavier than other binos but they are very crisp. I used to think my old $300 pair of Leupold Cascades were nice but they just don’t compare. I will say don’t go too outrageous but the $1,000 Mark is where you should be looking

Schaaf, what did you think of the tract binos, those have peaked my interest a little. What are the binos on the lower right?
These were the 10x50’s. They’re a pretty good binocular at ~$700. They don’t have the edge to edge sharpness that you see once you get up to the Maven B2, Meostar, and Conquest level but they’re very good at the price point. They showed some chromatic aberration and got a little cloudy if your eyes weren’t positioned well.

They were the brightest of that bunch, although they should have been with the 50mm objectives.

I believe those are the new meoptas. I dig the new open bridge design. Definitely has me interested
Correct, they’re the Meopta Meoair (Meostar glass in an open bridge design)

One cool thing with them is you get a tripod adapter on the hinge which is pretty rare for that design.

Correct, they’re the Meopta Meoair (Meostar glass in an open bridge design)

One cool thing with them is you get a tripod adapter on the hinge which is pretty rare for that design.
Are you sure it's the same glass? The prism design of the mostar are wider and I didn't think it was possible to fit in that narrow of a chassis

Are you sure it's the same glass? The prism design of the mostar are wider and I didn't think it was possible to fit in that narrow of a chassis
I just got off the phone with my meopta rep. Objectives will be the same but as I assumed the prism design is different. My assumption is that the mostar will only have an edge on brightness because of those prisms.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back