PEAX Equipment

Opening morning double!

jvanhoy

Had a great hunt this morning. Took my buddy Allen to try to get his first spring gobbler. Didn’t hear anything off the roost so had to take off and find them. Finally heard 2-3 gobbling together. Made 2 or 3 setups before we finally were in the zone. 3 long beards came out in the field. I gave a few soft yelps and they locked in on us and came straight in. He asked if I wanted to try to shoot at the same time but I really just wanted him to get a good shot. He made a great shot about 45 yards. We grabbed his bird and snapped a pic and celebrated then we heard them start gobbling again.
27ABA25F-D565-4FB9-A40C-6C754D73A652.jpeg
We stuck his bird up in a tree and made a big loop to get around them. We got up to a good ridge top I’ve killed them on before and he asked if I wanted him to try his slate call. I said heck yea give it a try. He made 4 or 5 yelps and said that sound like shit lol. About the time he got it out of his mouth 3-4 gobbled so close I jumped. We sat down real quick and within 5 minutes and a couple more calls on the slate 4 long beards snuck into 20 yards and I took the lead bird.
BAB8710B-8B2D-449D-8898-3AC6E14AB7EC.jpeg
What a way to start the season and a new hunting friendship! He has a great place out by the local lake for me to bear hunt this fall and return the favor. Great times. Very blessed morning!
61A811BC-9DB5-437B-9E4E-B4C0DC8CAE01.jpeg

That's a great day in the turkey woods. Weather wasn't all that great today either sounds like they are on fire.

That's a great day in the turkey woods. Weather wasn't all that great today either sounds like they are on fire.
They are. I think we are getting a really good early season this year. Back after em in the morning. Good luck buddy!

Had a great hunt this morning. Took my buddy Allen to try to get his first spring gobbler. Didn’t hear anything off the roost so had to take off and find them. Finally heard 2-3 gobbling together. Made 2 or 3 setups before we finally were in the zone. 3 long beards came out in the field. I gave a few soft yelps and they locked in on us and came straight in. He asked if I wanted to try to shoot at the same time but I really just wanted him to get a good shot. He made a great shot about 45 yards. We grabbed his bird and snapped a pic and celebrated then we heard them start gobbling again.
View attachment 271352
We stuck his bird up in a tree and made a big loop to get around them. We got up to a good ridge top I’ve killed them on before and he asked if I wanted him to try his slate call. I said heck yea give it a try. He made 4 or 5 yelps and said that sound like shit lol. About the time he got it out of his mouth 3-4 gobbled so close I jumped. We sat down real quick and within 5 minutes and a couple more calls on the slate 4 long beards snuck into 20 yards and I took the lead bird.
View attachment 271353
What a way to start the season and a new hunting friendship! He has a great place out by the local lake for me to bear hunt this fall and return the favor. Great times. Very blessed morning!
View attachment 271354
Awesome! Love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back