Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Oooops...

Bucnutz.wis

Bonehead Rookies...:D

This photo was taken on a cell phone last week after the guy took his friend
to Bass Pro Shop to buy his first bow.

The clerk was 'assisting' him in zeroing it in, and, after shooting several arrows, making adjustments etc., the clerk accidently handed him an arrow that was too short.

When he drew back, the arrow tip fell down onto his hand and he somehow
released it.

They rode to the hospital with the bow in his buddy's hand
because it impaled his finger also!

They are both archery amateurs (I'm thinking the clerk is also?). I don't think the guy who got shot ever had held a bow prior, let alone shoot one...OUCH!

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 727
I really like the Hostage Rest that is right above his thumb! :eek:
Diamond makes good bows....but you have to shoot the right length arrows! :rolleyes:

Well since he cant take his hands off the bow is it considered theft when he leaves the shop?

You know, I always wonder how more guys don't get their fingers sliced off when shooting broadheads. If you watch enough hunting shows (and I do, I admit it...) you'll notice that at full draw, if you ("they") uncurl your fingers from around the bow and outstretch them, they are in the path of one or more of the broadhead's blades.

I don't "think" my arrows are too short. But at full draw, I notice that the broadhead is in the same general plane as my grip hand/fingers.

Am I the only one who's noticed this?

Emrah

accidents do happen but this could have been avoided if the shop was watching the custumer i would think? even as a first time archer shopping ,that looks bad.

One of many reasons not to shoot a release or cablegun.

Last edited:
WOW!! Last time i was shooting at Bass Pro some customer was getting a new bow (or so he thought) and while the archery associate was "helping" get started this guy managed to dry fire the bow and have it explode in his face. He had a few lacerations on his face and neck but nothing as serious as above. Needless to say i don't think he ever ended up buying a bow after that little episode :)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back