PEAX Equipment

OnXMaps - Error Saving Content

Mallardsx2

Can someone else check and see if this feature is working on theirs or if the error is on my end.

I cleared out "My content" and re-adding my new content and it is saying:

" Error saving content.
MULE DEER.kmz
did not save. Please try again."

I sent them an e-mail this morning but have not heard back from them and I am in a bit of a time crunch here...

Thanks

Last edited:
I deleted all my content after backing it up and my onx gives me the same error. Some of my kml files will import so it has to be content related.

Edit, just re-exported a bunch of stuff from google earth and it imports fine now so you might pull the kml/kmz file back into GE and see if something odd stands out.

Last edited:
Hi , the site is up and running properly. Most likely that KMZ file has meta-data attached to it that isn't compatible with our system. However, if you convert it to a GPX file, that should strip away the meta-data and allow you to upload it. Here are the instructions:

1. Download and install BaseCamp if you haven't already (it is free): Garmin BaseCamp
2. Click the "My Collection" folder in the upper left corner.
3. Click "File," then "Import into My Collection." Import the KMZ file.
4. The file will be listed under the My Collection folder. Select the file, then click "File," and "Export."
5. Save the file as a GPX file, and you should be able to import it into onX Web Map without any trouble.

FYI if anyone is getting this error this is a good fix for it. I am up and running again.

Thanks OnX

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back