Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

OnXmap Help Please

PaJay 1962

OK, I ordered the Onxhunt chip for my Garmin directly their website. The chip came in, and I downloaded Basecamp from Garmin. According to the instructions, I should be able to insert the microchip into the adapter and plug it into my computer to be able to start using the maps. I put the card into the computer, nothing happens. I then go to the Onxmaps website and find a tutuorial where it tells me to Log In, then go to My Maps and then get my code. The problem is, there is no code to see on My Maps. So, now I'm stuck.

In order to see the map, do I need to put the chip in the GPS, then plug the GPS into my computer? I'd appreciate any help people can provide, step by step please. I'm leaving for CO in days, and never thought I'd have an issue being able to load it onto my computer!

Thanks
Jay

Basecamp will read the map from the sd card whether it's in the garmin or an sd adapter. There is nothing you need to do once you have the sd card.

Had to do a few things with the GPS in order for the computer to recognize the map. It finally did and I'm good to go. Thanks guys!

For my eTrex, I had to go into the setup menu, then maps, then click on the Colorado map chip (make sure the box is checked). I then started "Basemap" on my computer and plugged the GPS into the computer. I then went to "interface" on my GPS and clicked on it. After a couple minutes, I saw the Colorado basemap show up on the left hand side of the screen.

I did notice that the Youtube videos that they showed for OnxMaps was outdated and that was throwing me off since I wasn't seeing the same things they were showing on their screen shots.

I hope that this helps.

Jay

Back