OnX research tools now online

Can’t steal what you don’t have, Einstien. What town is OnX located in? By the way - I’m an “elite” OnX member - have been for years. Hope you greatly value the new “research” tool - I’m sure you’re smack dab in the center of the target market..

Last edited:
Can’t steal what you don’t have, dumb phuck. What town is OnX located in? By the way - I’m an “elite” OnX member - have been for years.
You're so arrogant. Use a different app if you're so worried. Where's the proof they're stealing your waypoints?

I moose hunted about an hour away from their headquarters this year. I dropped some waypoints on a couple big bulls and some areas that had lots of elk in a general unit. With the overwhelming amount of waypoints, there's no way for them to know which ones are legit unless you're labeling every single one...

I've often thought about this. All you have to do is look at the current influencers and wanna be's in the "industry" who will literally sell their soul for 30% off and any sponsorship they can get. You don't think those clowns wouldn't pay or do anything they can to get their hands on pins in places they have tags for? Especially on tags that big critters have been killed on?

Look at the extent people go to in order to figure out hunting spots. Look at the amount of lurkers on this site alone trying to get information and figure out locations. There is no way your pins are truly "secure". Money and/or connections is all they would need.

You're so arrogant. Use a different app if you're so worried. Where's the proof they're stealing your waypoints?

I moose hunted about an hour away from their headquarters this year. I dropped some waypoints on a couple big bulls and some areas that had lots of elk in a general unit. With the overwhelming amount of waypoints, there's no way for them to know which ones are legit unless you're labeling every single one...
Einstein- I use lots of “apps” and I’m not “worried” about anything because I don’t save anything of value. “Joe” is real, maybe not his name. What are you arguing about? nobody gives a shit about a single one of your waypoints. Can you please start an informative thread on moose hunting we can all glean some entertainment from?

Last edited:
Joe draws a low point CO mule deer permit. Joe kills 220” deer and feels compelled to write 3 magazine articles and be on 4 podcasts to talk about the adventure. As dumb as Joe is, he’s an OnX member and has a lot of waypoints from that hunt/kill including a campsite that included a spot he dug out to flatten a tent site in the side of a steep timbered ridge a long ways from any trail. Two years later Joe draws same deer permit and returns to same marked campsite only to find an employee of OnX and his tent, with the same permit. Could be a total coincidence.
Did this happen?? 😅😅

Joe draws a low point CO mule deer permit. Joe kills 220” deer and feels compelled to write 3 magazine articles and be on 4 podcasts to talk about the adventure. As dumb as Joe is, he’s an OnX member and has a lot of waypoints from that hunt/kill including a campsite that included a spot he dug out to flatten a tent site in the side of a steep timbered ridge a long ways from any trail. Two years later Joe draws same deer permit and returns to same marked campsite only to find an employee of OnX and his tent, with the same permit. Could be a total coincidence.
Coincidence? No. Probably not.
Did "Joe" get what he deserved? Yes.

My case study of does yakking about a hard to draw area on hunttalk have an impact on archery permit draw odds. Will see.

I'll be 60 when I can apply again, and odds are the hunt won't be as good, and harder to draw. I might gamble elsewhere.

The onXmap research. 🤣 The GAIA version has much better resolution.
Beaver.JPG

My case study of does yakking about a hard to draw area on hunttalk have an impact on archery permit draw odds. Will see.

I'll be 60 when I can apply again, and odds are the hunt won't be as good, and harder to draw. I might gamble elsewhere.

The onXmap research. 🤣 The GAIA version has much better resolution.
View attachment 312135

That's an impressive coloring job for one hunt!

Anybody else heard of specific examples of staff poaching waypoints/details from paid members? Might not want to save anything valuable.
I've heard rumor and you'd have to be naïve thinking it doesn't happen... I also drop random waypoints with 390" 7x7 or 240" mule deer in the description fairly regularly in shitty hunting spots.... :ROFLMAO:

I hope someone at OnX steals my AZ Waypoints from this year. I might just give them some names like 180" buck, 190"+ or some other shit. That way the poor bastard can die of thirst in that hellhole.
I think you can also load a photo to the point. This could be a fun game.

There was a thread within the last year or so with an alternative mapping app that everyone was jumping ship to, and I can't find that thread now. I thought @neffa3 started it.

Can anyone help me out? I'm sick of sending money to these hunting companies.
If you swap, let us know how it goes. I didn't I certainly thought about it, and really wanted to, but institutional inertia got the best of me.

What is wrong with Onx?
Nothing wrong with it. Some people are just looking for an alternative. Because soon companies like OnX will do everything except pull the trigger for you. So some prefer not to fund that kind of stuff.

Because soon companies like OnX will do everything except pull the trigger for you.
Odds of drawing are worse, but the harvest % remain pretty much the same across a lot of states. I think most of the antipathy for these services is from those that have hunted in the same place for many years and now someone can scout the same spot from 2000 miles away and get 75% of the info they need. I just think that last 25% is still a big the difference.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back