Caribou Gear

Onx question

Zimmy87

While using the offline feature while in airplane mode how long will the typical smartphone battery last. I have a Samsung S7. Trying to decide whether to get a solar-powered charger or just a power bank any thoughts? Will be doing a 5-day backpack hunt. Thanks in advance

It depends on how good your battery is. I have a note 5. The battery isn't what it used to be. On airplane mode, with the screen brightness turned down as much as possible, my battery lasts me about 1 full day while using OnX regularly. I do usually use the tracking feature and will turn the airplane mode off periodically to check in with the wife.

If you search the forums, you'll find this a couple of times. You'll also see specific recomendations. I carry an Anker I got off Amazon, bout the size of 2AA batteries. Gives me about 3 charges on my Note8. My Note 8 will go 2 days or more on airplane mode, depending on how much you use it.

I have the S7 edge and with all apps shutdown except onX and occasional kindle use I will charge 1 or 2 times off of a battery pack in that time frame. I would go the battery pack route and just charge in camp at night.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back