OnX not playing well with Pixel 6 Pro?

jquigley

Wondering if anyone else is having issues with extreme battery drain while tracking in OnX all of a sudden?

Switched to the Pixel 6 Pro awhile ago, went out mushroom hunting and it drained nearly 30% in two hours. This was with airplane mode and all the normal suggested settings.

Not sure if it's the phone, the new version of Android or an OnX update. Anyone else having issues. At this point, I've bought an old used phone for dedicated use, hoping that works.

Yea, crashes I'm used to. Goes through spikes of unreliability, then gets ironed out in an update. This is an entirely new issue to me

I am having the same battery issues. Airplane mode, battery saver both on. Screen is off. Yet the battery is being killed when using onx. I have the Pixel 3 and thought it was because my phone is old but sounds like new phones having the same issue.

Are there any issues with Iphones and onx?? Thinking about switching to Apple as it is my understanding that most of the mapping apps (onx, GoHunt, basemap) are more compatible and more user friendly with ios. than android.

I tried GoHunt maps on the pixel and it was not a user friendly experience so I opted to stick with OnX. If GoHunt maps work well with Iphones that'd be great since it comes with the GoHunt Insider.

Also having issues on android with onx. Crashes like 90% of the time I add a waypoint, run a track, or use it for more than 5 minutes. Also randomly won't show me any layers when I'm offline in areas I have downloaded which is a bit problematic to say the least. Not sure exactly when it started but I know it wasn't like this last fall

Curious. I used OnX on my Pixel 3 the last week of September bow hunting. Ran it on airplane mode with extreme battery saver on and it worked fine. That said....I think I got an update after I got back so maybe it was the last update?

I have another Pixel model and I did a recent update and it seems my battery is worse in general after the update. Not sure if it related but seems like the update is to blame for me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22. When my phone is in airplane mode, the property ownership lines disappear after I open the app two or three times, even with offline maps downloaded and property ownership very much selected in the "layers" library. Don't come back until I get LTE or 5G service, either

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papretzelman
Back