Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

OnX Issues

Mainer207

Been running onX for a year with no problem...it’s been the main ingredient for me scouting in the pieces of state land I hunt in NY. But my last trip out I had an issue with the app.

When I’m in offline mode (running saved maps) I cannot see the private land lines. I have the layer turned on but still no dice. Anyone know what I’m missing here?

Thanks!

What area map are you saving? I have saved the smaller 2 and can see property lines, don’t know if that’s something lost on the biggest area and therefore lowest resolution.

What area map are you saving? I have saved the smaller 2 and can see property lines, don’t know if that’s something lost on the biggest area and therefore lowest resolution.

5 mile squares. It seems like if I open the area while I have service and then go offline it’s fine, but if I open the map while I’m already out of service I can’t see the red lines for private

5 mile squares. It seems like if I open the area while I have service and then go offline it’s fine, but if I open the map while I’m already out of service I can’t see the red lines for private
I've never ran into that problem before, have you talked to on x about it? I've asked them multiple things in the past and they always get back quickly with good info. It would be interesting to hear what the issue is.

I've never ran into that problem before, have you talked to on x about it? I've asked them multiple things in the past and they always get back quickly with good info. It would be interesting to hear what the issue is.

I’ll reach out to them and let you guys know what they say. Do you usually call them or email?

I had something similar a couple weeks ago at work in the field. My saved maps were not displaying. I tried resetting my tablet and no luck. Finally found a wifi signal and "boom", back in business and all my saved maps were back up and running. No cell plan for the tablet, so maybe they would have reset with cell coverage as well?

I have found that sometimes I have to try a couple of times before I get all the layers I want saved on a downloaded map. I would make sure the layers you want are on and then retry the download. I think if a layer is off, it will not save to your device.

You mentioned having the app in offline mode. Did you have your phone in airplane mode as well? Onx doesn't automatically do that for you. Sometimes offline content works better that way. Either way I would be interested to know what you find out.

Definitely make sure the layer was on when you downloaded it too, as others have mentioned. Otherwise it won't save it for offline use.

So, I messed with the maps a little. Redownloaded one area and then all of a sudden I could see the private land boundaries on all my maps while I’m in airplane mode and offline.

Not really sure what was going on, but hopefully I don’t have that issue again.

So, I messed with the maps a little. Redownloaded one area and then all of a sudden I could see the private land boundaries on all my maps while I’m in airplane mode and offline.

Not really sure what was going on, but hopefully I don’t have that issue again.

Ran into the exact same thing this last weekend scouting. Ended up having to download each map I had saved from last year for the area again. Worked fine after a new download. It was weird and not very convenient.

Ran into the exact same thing this last weekend scouting. Ended up having to download each map I had saved from last year for the area again. Worked fine after a new download. It was weird and not very convenient.

Did you delete the original saved maps?
I haven’t dared to delete the original saved maps for fear that my waypoints would be cleared.

Did you delete the original saved maps?
I haven’t dared to delete the original saved maps for fear that my waypoints would be cleared.

That’s what I ended up doing. All way points stay on the main map. Only way I could figure out to get it fixed. Ran it right after the fresh download and it’s worked fine when offline.

Is this just the boundary lines or is it the satellite images too?

I've had the same problem on occasion. I've always just deleted and downloaded a new map. Technology.....sometimes it just doesn't work. OnX is pretty good but by no means immune to bugs and other strange stuff.

Back