On the fence

mixedbag

Need a little help deciding what I'm going to do this hunting season.My son should draw a bighorns unit for elk in Wy.My hunt is the problem.I'm trying to decide to go in the special draw as 2nd choice for general elk and gain a point and hope to draw the tag.Or, do I buy a Montana tag since we will be very close to Montana for his hunt.What is the opening dates for rifle elk and deer in Montana?I would be doing a archery trip on my own in either state,but want to hunt with a rifle if I don't fill my tag.I would need to have Mt's season open close to the opener in Wy.I like that I can hunt muleys and elk for the same cost as my special elk tag in Wy.And, I had a great trip to Mt a few years back so I have a good archery spot for elk.Rifle spot,on the other hand, I'd have to figure out
I guess my main question is what date does rifle open in Mt for elk/deer?I'm having bad elk withdraws since hunting the last 3 seasons in Alaska

thanks,that doesn't work well with a Wyoming hunt unless I went late in the season

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back