? on shipping a deer mount

JohnSWA

Senior Thread Mover
Hi folks, I shot my first buck last year and I'm having it mounted, but it's in Idaho and I live in Arizona. Has anyone had any experience in mailing/shipping their trophy back home? I wouldn't mind the drive so much, but with the price of diesel?........... Forget it!

My brother had some mounts shipped from Texas to Maryland. One arrived with a broken horn. The crate was not the most sturdy looking, so the taxidermist said that he would fix it for free, just ship it back to Texas. He paid to have it fixed in Maryland.

We had some mounts shipped from Wyoming to Maryland, they were in a good crate and arrived fine. I moved recently and built a nice crate for my mounts and they were fine.

What I am saying, as long as they are crated well, they should be fine. There will be increased cost to have a nice crate made and it will probably be heavier as well, but it will be worth it.

get you a box big enough for you mount an build a 2x4 frame in side with lots of paddding then weight it then strap it to a small pallet ...... call around for shipping quotes

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back