PEAX Equipment

Ollin digiscope adapter

I mean they are stuck together and do not come apart that I can see.

You said “So you can just have the phone in the silicone piece then when needed, just attach the outer part.”.

Show a pic of the the parts not connected and describe how you pulled them apart?.
follow the lines on the phone case, there is a harder plastic shell and inside is a softer silicone like piece. You can feel the difference in the material. Just grab the softer section and pull, either the top, bottom, side buttons, through the camera lens cutout.

Attachments

• IMG-5268.jpg
    IMG-5268.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG-5269.jpg
    IMG-5269.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG-5272.jpg
    IMG-5272.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG-5270.jpg
    IMG-5270.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
I mean they are stuck together and do not come apart that I can see.

You said “So you can just have the phone in the silicone piece then when needed, just attach the outer part.”.

Show a pic of the the parts not connected and describe how you pulled them apart?.
Im assuming your trying to pry the part that magnets to your scope off lol. Dont do that. My original post said there is basically two phone cases in one. You have a complete silicone style phone case like the basic ones they sell at the stores. Then there is the outer part which has the magnet piece. The magnet part is part of the outer shell.

Im assuming your trying to pry the part that magnets to your scope off lol. Dont do that. My original post said there is basically two phone cases in one. You have a complete silicone style phone case like the basic ones they sell at the stores. Then there is the outer part which has the magnet piece. The magnet part is part of the outer shell.
all right. thx. my case is a little bit different than yours tho and there is no inner case to pull out.

I bought mine two or three weeks ago off ollin website, and in or on the box seem to have said something about the prior company name magscope or something. I don’t know why yours is different but somewhere along the way they changed or depends on your phone model how they build it?

IMG_7053.jpegIMG_7054.jpeg

Last edited:
all right. thx. my case is a little bit different than yours tho and there is no inner case to pull out.

I bought mine two or three weeks ago off ollin website, and in or on the box seem to have said something about the prior company name magscope or something. I don’t know why yours is different but somewhere along the way they changed or depends on your phone model how they build it?
interesting. I have only had mine for a few months. Something might have changed.

Not sure if they have that yet. They sent me one for my Leupold SX-5. I will say that it is the slickest digiscoping system we've used. Our crew has tried all of them and used all of them over many years. We all switched over to Ollin after just one hunt.

I think they are expanding the line of adapters they have. I have seen some guys buy one slightly bigger than needed, then use a small wrap of tape on the eyepiece to tighten it up.

Once they get their lineup filled out for more scopes, I suspect a lot of people will be switching to their system.
Ordered the Ollin Digiscope and they sent me the wrong one does any body know how to contact them to get it exchanged?

I have run the Phoneskope, Magview, and Ollin individually and together in the same glassing session. Much prefer the Ollin. I sold my Magview after just a couple glassing sessions, just wasn't for me. The Ollin is fantastic. Running it on a Kowa and Swaro with great fit. Just so simple you wonder why you never thought of it before.

Mine does not come apart either. The small piece on the phone case that magnetically attaches to the scope eye piece seems to be attached to the case with a strong double stick tape and does not come off on my version either. I wouldn't leave it on my dash in August...

Thank you, The bad news is that I'm running a Vortex Razor HD 11-33X50 and Ollin or Mag View make a phone adapter for any eye piece that small. I wish Ollin would provide a reference size for the adaptors, on their website so I could figure out something close then I could maybe make an adapter.

Does the attachment on your spotter mess with being able to use the spotter without the phone attached? I wear glasses and have the eye cups all the way down and worry that the adapter attachment would mess with my ability to see without the phone.

No the problem is I have a Vortex Razor HD 11-33X50 and the eye piece has a small diameter, Ollin or Mag View doesn't fit that model.

The Olin is cool and all as well as the mag view. But if you’re on a budget, this is cheaper and works well. Butler creek cover with a cheap hard plastic phone case and super glue. image.jpgimage.jpg

No the problem is I have a Vortex Razor HD 11-33X50 and the eye piece has a small diameter, Ollin or Mag View doesn't fit that model.
Scope cam adapter might be a option its adjustable to most optics. I ordered one recently suppose to get it this week. I was looking at Ollin but they didn't have a case for my phone and I don't care much for the magview I currently have

I got the Ollin - after looking at it and the MagView I decided I liked this better.
Haven't had it in the field yet but having it at the gun range I like it a lot.

Ollin system is great! Just got back from a Sheep Hunt in the Alaska Range. Had great success and helped me a lot on my sheep hunt.
Just make sure you bring a back up power cord so when you have lots of juice and a great digiscope system you don't have to ration your freaking battery cause your phone wont charge!
Great system and was very easy to use.

I've had my Ollin now for a couple weeks and can say this is the best phone > spotting scope adapter I've come across. Really happy with it--used it this last weekend at the range in conjunction with my Vortex Razor HD 85mm and it was just great. Way better than my old PhoneSkope.

Back