Ollin digiscope adapter

batj

Does anyone know if the Ollin digiscope device will fit a Zeiss spotter? They dont list Zeiss as an option but surely one can be modified

Not sure if they have that yet. They sent me one for my Leupold SX-5. I will say that it is the slickest digiscoping system we've used. Our crew has tried all of them and used all of them over many years. We all switched over to Ollin after just one hunt.

I think they are expanding the line of adapters they have. I have seen some guys buy one slightly bigger than needed, then use a small wrap of tape on the eyepiece to tighten it up.

Once they get their lineup filled out for more scopes, I suspect a lot of people will be switching to their system.

Hey batj, the Ollin magnetic digiscoping adapter is still a fairly new product. They are increasing their inventory to allow for more spotting scope systems, but so far only offer products for Vortex, Maven, Swarovski, and Leupold.

Not sure if they have that yet. They sent me one for my Leupold SX-5. I will say that it is the slickest digiscoping system we've used. Our crew has tried all of them and used all of them over many years. We all switched over to Ollin after just one hunt.

I think they are expanding the line of adapters they have. I have seen some guys buy one slightly bigger than needed, then use a small wrap of tape on the eyepiece to tighten it up.

Once they get their lineup filled out for more scopes, I suspect a lot of people will be switching to their system.
Have you tried the Magview and how have they compared BigFin?
I was looking at the Ollin but had already decided on getting the Magview and they seem to be pretty similar?

Have you tried the Magview and how have they compared BigFin?
I was looking at the Ollin but had already decided on getting the Magview and they seem to be pretty similar?
I’ve tried them both. They are both an improvement over other systems. I found Ollin to be quicker, easier, and pretty much “accountant-proof.” The crew tried Ollin and agreed. We’ve converted fully to Ollin, in spite of our prior investment in other systems.

I’ve tried them both. They are both an improvement over other systems. I found Ollin to be quicker, easier, and pretty much “accountant-proof.” The crew tried Ollin and agreed. We’ve converted fully to Ollin, in spite of our prior investment in other systems.
a follow up question - do you carry your phone in the case with the magnet?
I was thinking that might kind of get in the way of my phone - I keep it on me and readily available as my map with my InReach Mini - so wasn't sure how much of a pain that would be to snap in/out or just carry in my pocket with the magnet sticking out.

The Magview and Ollin are the same price and both look like great options.
How have you found that, or how do you carry your phone on you in this type of situation?

Thanks!!!

I was thinking that might kind of get in the way of my phone - I keep it on me and readily available as my map with my InReach Mini - so wasn't sure how much of a pain that would be to snap in/out or just carry in my pocket with the magnet sticking out.

How have you found that, or how do you carry your phone on you in this type of situation?

Thanks!!!
Yes, I keep my phone in that case during the hunt. It has not been a problem carry it like that. Everything works the same. Just a small tab on the upper right corner that sticks out a small amount.

Someting just occured to me. Guy's running around looking for the lighest rifle they can find seem to be doing it so they can carry more and more gadget's and adding more gadget's to the rifle! I have no idea what a digiscope adapter is but also realize I haven't need one in about 60+ yrs of hunting, what am I missing out on?

Someting just occured to me. Guy's running around looking for the lighest rifle they can find seem to be doing it so they can carry more and more gadget's and adding more gadget's to the rifle! I have no idea what a digiscope adapter is but also realize I haven't need one in about 60+ yrs of hunting, what am I missing out on?
Have you used phoneskope? It allows you to use your phone with your spotting scope or your spotter. I have used it before so I can look at my groups at 300+ yards at the gun range without having to move from my rest.
Also used it to take pictures of sheep, moose, bear.
Probably the most helpful one was taking a picture of a moose and being able to study him and see if he was legal when we wouldn't have been able to keep him in view because he was staying in thick brush but allowed us to know it wasn't worth more pursuit because we got one good picture of him. ALso gives your eye a relief from being pressed into the eye cup.
1678142465146.png

I carry my phone with a InReach mini as my SOS as well as GPS.
So since I already have the spotter and phone its a couple ounces to be able to increase your use of spotter and image capture.

Thanks!!!
Your phone will fit in the same pockets with the case on or off.

Additionally, the case is basically a two piece case. The inner silicone like case is like a standard low profile case that snugs into the other harder plastic material which has the part that mounts to the eyepiece. So you can just have the phone in the silicone piece then when needed, just attach the outer part.

Your phone will fit in the same pockets with the case on or off.

Additionally, the case is basically a two piece case. The inner silicone like case is like a standard low profile case that snugs into the other harder plastic material which has the part that mounts to the eyepiece. So you can just have the phone in the silicone piece then when needed, just attach the outer part.
I was just worried about that edge sticking up and causing a wear point - I'll be hiking in potentially 16 miles into my Sheep Zone this year before I start hunting.
Good idea on splitting the silicone and plastic until I get to the hunt zone. Thanks!

Darned if I see how to separate the magnetic outer piece attached to the Ollin phone case to make it 'two pieces'

Sure do like to product so far. Major upgrade over 'the other guys' product.

I’ll buy one just as soon as it’s available for my Zeiss.
Same... Except I have a little 550's series Kowa that I'd love to attach one to. Hint, Hint Ollin Adapters marketing/sales department.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Oak
You can take a pair of calipers and measure the eye cup on your Zeiss, then contact Ollin and see if one of the models they already make is the same or slightly bigger. Many eyecups are the same,.I think some of the Kowas will fit some Swarovski etc.

If you can't get an exact match, get one that is just slightly bigger, wrap your eyecup in that 3m residue free electrical tape sufficiently for the adapter to fit your eye cup. Works like a charm and will get you buy until they have your specific adapter. When you get the correct adapter take the tape off, and the no residue stuff leaves nothing behind.

Darned if I see how to separate the magnetic outer piece attached to the Ollin phone case to make it 'two pieces'

Sure do like to product so far. Major upgrade over 'the other guys' product.
the hard plastic and the silicone pieces of the phone case are separate pieces. Is that what you mean?

the hard plastic and the silicone pieces of the phone case are separate pieces. Is that what you mean?
I mean they are stuck together and do not come apart that I can see.

You said “So you can just have the phone in the silicone piece then when needed, just attach the outer part.”.

Show a pic of the the parts not connected and describe how you pulled them apart?.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back