Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Older or Newer Version of Elk Ecology and Management by JWT?

Cerebral Stalker

So, I'm going to get Jack Ward Thomas's book Elk Ecology and Management as it seems it is hands down the best book out there on elk, but I'm torn between getting the older 1982 version or the newer 2002 version containing 85% new material. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

Get them both was also my thought.

Be fun to evaluate the change in 20 years and if you thought it was valid.

Do not know the $'s involved.

Dont buy either on Amazon, way ongalted price. Call the publisher. I always like javing the newest in fields like this. New information always coming to light. I have the new, found a bunchof very good info.

Ok. Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess I'll just have to end up getting them both. I'll probably get the newer version first though. Just wanted to see if the older version was head and shoulders above the newer version. Thanks again.

Please share where you purchase it from and what it cost you. I have been looking at getting a copy myself.
Thanks
Bob

Looks like the best thing to do right now is to just interloan it from my local library, and then I don't have to pay a penny. I just checked and Ohio State University's library has it in, so I'm headed to the library tomorrow to see if I can get it from Ohio State. Should work.

Looks like the best thing to do right now is to just interloan it from my local library, and then I don't have to pay a penny. I just checked and Ohio State University's library has it in, so I'm headed to the library tomorrow to see if I can get it from Ohio State. Should work.

This is a really good idea that not enough people know about. I did the same thing and ended up buying the book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back