Old Military Photos from Hunttalkers

We only ran buttoned up when we had to for training or were off trail driving over / thru the trees. The risk of a widow maker hurting some was too high. Otherwise with all those hatches open it wasn’t bad.

We had this beast too, nothing in the Army’s fleet that it won’t pull out of the worst situation.
I was in 3650th Maintenance Company training at Dugway, Utah when one of these overturned. They needed the big cranes to lift them off the bodies. Not a purty sight. I had to take pictures and do the LOD investigation paperwork while my LT wrote it up in draft form for me to do the formal paperwork. The driver and crew chief was partially ejected. Not sure how it flipped. That part went to higher ups to do a more detailed investigation.

I found a picture of my father when he was in the Filippines in WWII. I didn’t even know this picture existed until I saw it in the school where he was a kid and they had pictures of all the servicemen that served from Musselshell, Montana….

ED561305-C655-481B-BDA9-E0F634FA986B.jpeg

My Uncle Lee served in the US Army in northern Africa. My dad and mom, with a family of boys, moved to Portland to work in the shipyard building military landing craft boats during WWII. My dad was a welder and my mom was "Rosie the Riveter" and also a welder.

View attachment 255989
What a coincidence; in addition to helping build a high tension powerline across NY and most of New England to an aluminum plant, working at Laurinburg-Maxton Airbase where they trained glider pilots for the invasion, my Dad was a welder on Liberty ships in Wilmington, NC.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back