Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Old Houses

powderburn

Getting to see less and less of these old gems around. As the years go by they are becoming harder to find. 40 years ago I used to bush windrows around this place to try and flush pheasants out for my Dad and Grandfather. We checked it out and found whats left of an old piano that had at some time fallen through the rotten floor.
f7eda8cf.jpg

f7eda8d9.jpg

The fog had just lifted, note the hoar frost on the tree. 5 minutes earlier and you couldn't see it from 40ft. It looked pretty erie walking up to it in the fog.

Awsum pics. you dont see them much anymore.

I have a whole bunch of black and white pics of old barns churchs and house's in the back woods and shost towns of washington state from the mid 70's. I was a photo freak in school and took rolls after rolls of film. My favorites were the moss, ferns and waterfalls in the olympic rain forest and old buildings. In okanoghan wilderness area there was a ton of old buildings from the early settlers up there.
Most are on negatives anymore and I just have a few 8x10's packs in some boxs in the closet.

Real nice pic Powderburn.Just imagine if that place could talk....the stories it could tell would be well worth listenin to.

Thanx for sharin.

I often think the same thoughts as I stuble across old cabin ruins scattered across this landscape in my ever seeming need to pursue cross country adventures. Most have been collapsed in and not much left, but if one could get some ones old castle to talk, the stories they could tell would fill volumes of the lifes and times of the peoples that inhabited these lands of ours in day's past...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back