Yeti GOBOX Collection

Old equipment

I'm working on re handling a Schrade Sharpfinger that my Grandpa gave me, I broke the old handle when I was a kid, going to put a curly maple handle on it and do a regrind on the blade.

Attachments

• KIMG0898.JPG
    KIMG0898.JPG
    587 KB · Views: 6
What is the oldest piece of equipment that you still hunt with? Rifles don't count. Mine is a ELK. INC cow talk call. My Dad gave it to me 18 years ago for chipping ice. I learned how to use it by listening to the casett tape and driving my Mom crazy. I was 11.
That brings back memories. My dad had one way back in the day. The black rubber bands on the side finally broke one day.

What is the oldest piece of equipment that you still hunt with? Rifles don't count. Mine is a ELK. INC cow talk call. My Dad gave it to me 18 years ago for chipping ice. I learned how to use it by listening to the casett tape and driving my Mom crazy. I was 11.
Rifles dont count--how about shotguns ? (-: Forgetting firearms. My grandchildren have all these now, but my grandfather had a pair of mallard duck decoys that were hand carved that are still usable. My dads saddle and scabbard was made in approx 1915 and it is still usable, my husband had to look like Earnest Hemingway on our first safari in Africa and those clothes are still around, plus of course his stash of Bitterroot bullets which the grandchildren has promised to never sell (-:

Rifles dont count--how about shotguns ? (-: Forgetting firearms. My grandchildren have all these now, but my grandfather had a pair of mallard duck decoys that were hand carved that are still usable. My dads saddle and scabbard was made in approx 1915 and it is still usable, my husband had to look like Earnest Hemingway on our first safari in Africa and those clothes are still around, plus of course his stash of Bitterroot bullets which the grandchildren has promised to never sell (-:
The only shotgun I use is a 1976 citori I bought used at a pawnshop in the 1980s for $500.
Pretty banged up from my chukar hunting days in Idaho, now used mostly for ducks in Alaska
and then pheasants/ducks in Montana. No problems, I do clean the firing pin channels every winter.
Bluing is mostly gone on the receiver from heavy field use from August through January.
Citori_firing_pins.JPG

Kelty packframe along with a LOT of other old stuff. Started packing out elk with it in the early 60s. Fell down once with an elk quarter and it broke off the lower frame extention on one side. Packed a few more years with it as is, listing to one side as I sat down. Someone in the 80s suggested I send it back to Kelty as they had a lifetime warrenty. So I did and they sent me a new one. So the current one is only 40 years old. Packed out elk quarter with it last year at 78 yo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back