Old and not much left but very special to me

antlerradar

Until to day to oldest antlers I have found that I could get an age on were the antlers in the Thirty year old antlers thread. That changed this evening.
I was looking in some thick junipers when I saw what could be the tip of an antler. I almost walked by thinking it was a branch but decided to take a second look. I noticed the bend in the mainbeam. My first thought was it can't be from the buck Dad shot in 72 but man that kink in the mainbeam looks to be the same.
After comparing the shed to the buck dad shot I think it is the same buck. The shed is a near perfect smaller version of the 72 buck. The kink in the beam is the same, same bladed browtine. The same two nontypical points on the burr and by the browtine ( hard to see in the picture). Even some of the beading on the base is the same.
The shed is quite a bit smaller and is likely to have been dropped several years before dad got he buck. It is almost certain that it hit the ground in the late 60s. It had to be laying there for 45 years. I found the shed a mile and a half from were dad shot the buck.

Antlerradar

Attachments

• 100_0211.jpg
    100_0211.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 874
  • 100_0215.jpg
    100_0215.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 866

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members