Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Old 30-06 casing

I found this today while shed hunting. Any antique cartridge collectors on here? From the little research I did, it looks like it may be from the 20s or 30s. Anyone have a better idea of how old it may be? It says Rem-UMC 1906.
What a great find, I had no idea but I did find this:
'I believe the REM-UMC 1906 head stamp was used from 1912 to 1933'
I wonder what the end result was all those years ago?
Cheers
Richard

What a great find, I had no idea but I did find this:
'I believe the REM-UMC 1906 head stamp was used from 1912 to 1933'
Cheers
Richard
I thought the very same thing! What did they shoot at? Did they kill it?

That’s a way cooler find than mine. When I first moved to Idaho in 1994 I found a 7mm Rem. Mag. case hiking up a trail in the Frank. Shortly after that I found a plastic tire lever, even though bicycles aren’t permitted in Wilderness areas.

And shortly after that I found the first two elk I’d ever seen in the wild....two cow elk at about 40 yds up the trail from me. Pretty good day!

I was given and am shooting some 30-06 military casings made in Greece in 1952.
No issues thus far.

Do you want this one? I have no use for it.
That would be nice. I have a few old ones I have collected elsewhere & a couple gifts. One is from my Grandpa, 1918 WWI rifle.
I am just surprised that I see very few OLD -06 cases around these old homesteads & ranches. I do know that most here were reloaded & not wasted,so that could be it.
Best find is a Win.Mod 73 rolling block case,very corroded found in Gila. Found a Sharps the same day in same area. Never did find a shed...lol
PM sent

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back