Oklahoma Doe Antelope (Texas County)

Pat92

This year I was lucky enough to draw a Texas County Doe Pronghorn hunt here in Oklahoma. Unfortunately the amount of public land within the allowed Pronghorn hunting area is almost 0. Has anyone had any luck reaching out to landowners in that area or has been lucky enough to have this hunt as well and can provide some lessons learned or thoughts? I appreciate any starting points folks have while I continue to look at the OLAP and OnX Maps

Have you talked with the area biologist or game warden yet? They should be able to point you in the direction of some landowners. If that doesn't work try the county courthouse in Guymon as well as the local john deer shop and seed and feed stores. All the OLAP will be archery or shotgun only be prepared to pay a trespass fee.

Have you talked with the area biologist or game warden yet? They should be able to point you in the direction of some landowners. If that doesn't work try the county courthouse in Guymon as well as the local john deer shop and seed and feed stores. All the OLAP will be archery or shotgun only be prepared to pay a trespass fee.
Appreciate the tip on the courthouse, seed and feed stores. I talked to the biologist this morning and he recommended just getting up and knockin on doors.

You'd be surprised how many farmers and ranchers out in this area hate pronghorn, especially with a drought as bad as we are currently experiencing.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back