Oklahoma blitz trip.

Lostinthewoods

I just recently moved from New Mexico to Florida due to work and had to leave some great hunting spots behind.
One of my favorite spots that I left behind was a small piece of public land in Oklahoma that I hunt whitetail on.

Well when my wife gave me the go ahead for a quick 4 day trip.... I didn't look back.

My buddy and I drove 15 hours straight through to OK, got some sleep and hit the woods.
My buddy is new to bowhunting so I put him in all my best spots. He had buck encounters every single sit, but wasn't able to put it together.
He did however learn what buck fever is and some good ways to mitigate it in the future.....

I saw lots of deer, passed on a lot of smaller bucks, and when this guy stepped out I was not letting him go.
There is just something super exciting about killing whitetail on the ground that gets me so fired up!

The trip was well worth it and I had a ball.
I love that my buddy had lots of encounters, I got to hunt my favorite place and we didn't leave empty handed!
Cant wait to go back next year.

You're welcome for the good luck text ;)

Congrats! We almost stopped by to say hi down there, but the full freezers made it seem greedy.

Can't wait to see what your other tags bring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back