Ok what did I do wrong?

rogerthat

I have a 22-250 weatherby vanguard I decided to put a rail on. I put the rail from the photos on the gun. With two different scopes the only way I can get the gun on zero at 100 yards is by shimming the front mounting surface. What the heck am I doing wrong? Wrong rail?

Attachments

• IMG_5466.jpeg
    IMG_5466.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5465.jpeg
    IMG_5465.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: DFS
Using a 1" non target turret scope?

Probably ran out of adjustment, based on using a 20 moa rail.

The latest scope I tried on it. I think it has around 90 moa of adjustment total. Would a 20 moa screw me?

Attachments

• IMG_5467.jpeg
    IMG_5467.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Are you still hitting high with your scope adjustment bottomed out? If so, how high at 100 yards? That should give you your answer.
Yes. I took the second scope off and removed the rail but I if my memory serves I was still 4-6 inches high at 100. Does that make sense with shimming the rail in the front? I’m having trouble remembering if it was high or low. I know shimming the base worked

I just had another idea - does your scope have a zero stop? If it does, it might be set and is preventing you from using all of your down adjustment.
I am a moron and did exactly this with my Swaro Z5. Gunsmith got a good kick out of it when I brought the rifle in out of frustration.

Never had that problem back when I was hunting with a $50 Simmons.

I bet this is right. That would make sense. Would it make sense I would need to shim the front up?
You shouldnt shim it - to be honest. Just get a different set of rings.

Aaoptics.com has refurb vortex rings for cheap.

Or a 0 moa rail/2 piece.

@BAKPAKR and i were on the same train of thoughts.

I am a moron and did exactly this with my Swaro Z5. Gunsmith got a good kick out of it when I brought the rifle in out of frustration.

Never had that problem back when I was hunting with a $50 Simmons.
Those dont have one...

Back