Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ohio folks - Skyline Chili?

Calif. Hunter

Just happened to run across this on the MSN page - have any of you tried it, and is it that good? I guess it is a chain of restaurants that started out with an immigrant and his home-made recipes. Just curious, as they want a lot of money for a can of chili! :eek:

http://www.skylinechili.com/default.asp

wedgie.gif

Calif Hunter, if you can get some skyline chili you should try it. i been eating it for years and it's about as good as you could ever ask for restaurant chili. the secret is how you have it, i prefer it "four ways" ie with chese, pasta, onion, and beans. they also have jars of little pickeled peppers that you want to sprinkle the juice from onto your chile. also don't eat it without tabasco sauce. the chili itself comes with it's sauce and meat and you have them put it over what ever other ingredients you desire. i always eat at the skyline in lawranceburg ind.twodot. ps, skyline is no more expensive than any other fast food, so i wouldn't pay to much for the stuff in a can.

Thanks, twodot - They want $34.95 plus s&h for 8 cans (15 oz ea) for about $4 a can! Must be the nostalgia factor for misplaced Ohioans? Dennisons without beans is only $1.50 or $1.99 a can!

calif hunter, i think your right about trying to work the nostalgia factor. a guy would have to be pretty homesick to pay that much for it.

I think I might just stick with the good old Fred Meyer brand of chili...LOL It must be really good though for that price.
Quick Draw

Skyline Chili is good, but it ain worth that much. I worked in Louisville and ate a lot of it, the resturant was across the street from the Hotel.

Rick... I've tried it several times and it's certainly an acquired taste! I don't like t that much I can buy it in the frozen food section at some stores here locally. Would be more than happy to send some out to you!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back