Ohio 2020

NickCNC

Got back late last night from our 2020 trip to Ohio. Great experience. My step son shot a small doe but was unable get that buck this go around. Im a first year hunter and was able to harvest my first deer. The rack is nothing to boast about, i know, but im proud of it and he had a decent body size (my buddy thats taking out his tenderloins is about 6'2 if that helps gauge size) so im super pumped about the meat we were able to bring home (about 90lbs between the two). Cant wait to go again!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 55
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20201106_191635.jpg
    20201106_191635.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
NickCNC, Congratulations on your hunt. and well done taking your step son along !! I must warn you - those Whitetails are only the beginning... next come antelope, elk, moose ...

Yesterday was slightly warm (for Ohio) but windy as hell and a steady drizzle of rain. Not a good day for man, nor beast. On the way home from the graveyard shift I was just coming off the Hinkley hills and hit a flat stretch. The wipers were barely keeping up, the heavy cloud cover kept it dim for the time of day. Then instantly, right there at the side of the road was the biggest buck I've ever seen ! And I do mean BIG!!! Wide, Tall, Heavy. 160 B&C easy.

They're out there.....go get 'em !!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back