Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

Our snow is melted two weeks ahead of schedule here in western Montana (at least in my spots). I took this last night, and I can't usually hunt this canyon until the first week of may and it's been clear for days. Not much green - some scattered glacier lillies and buds. I think the next ten days will be primo!

IMG_2337.jpg

Our snow is melted two weeks ahead of schedule here in western Montana (at least in my spots). I took this last night, and I can't usually hunt this canyon until the first week of may and it's been clear for days. Not much green - some scattered glacier lillies and buds. I think the next ten days will be primo!

View attachment 324159
God I love spring in Montana. 😍

View attachment 324159

Beautiful country eh

IME, it'll be a couple of weeks until things really start perking though.

Life's short, hunt hard!

Beautiful country eh

IME, it'll be a couple of weeks until things really start perking though.

Life's short, hunt hard!
Yep agreed. We have some good flowers popping low, around 3500/4k feet, but the mountains aren't there yet. It's been a dry winter and spring.

I've been watching this since 1982, year in and year out (no matter snow pack level) it's May 13th until things really pop!

No doubt we'll find a few between now and then but that's going to be when most all the state really gets to going and the hills come alive with bruins. (side note, there are only 2 parts of the state that I make an exception for this, in those places bruins are out like clockwork the first week of April)

Just one man's opinion

I don’t have any pics, just unpostable videos but we’re at four bears and two moose this week. One good boar and one that we positioned to shoot but he was too small to kill.

First moose sighting in the area. We’ve been glassing the area for 15 years. Very cool. Cow with calf.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back