PEAX Equipment

Off Season Projects?

idnative1948

Son-in-law's boat that his dad passed down to him has been sitting for 10 years. Decided he wanted to get the family into boating. Me being the retired father-in-law and not too smart said I would take it on.

He dumped it at my neighbor's house to get the controls and cables whipped into shape and I tore into the interior mess along with the wasp nests.

Any boaters out there with advice, or than to run like the wind?

Running is not a bad option! I re-did the seats and floor in a 1984 Blue Water that I had. It was not really that hard and it turned out pretty good. I used 1/2-inch, treated plywood and just measured and cut it to fit. After the floor was in, I coated it with Cabelas bed liner material instead of carpet. Carpet is the main reason for floors rotting out. It holds moisture. The seats came from Cabelas, as my wife worked for them at the time and I got them pretty cheap.

The boat now lives in Colofornia and is going strong.

Good luck with it, if you choose to continue.

This is a 1973 SeaSwirl. I have everything cleaned to the the glass. I will be using a marine vinyl called Nautolex per several recommendations.Going to be re-configured from ski boat seating to more of a fishing/runaround.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back