Off-season Project

Congratulations proud Pappa!

You're entitled to justly express, "Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up" to ensure she's returned home on time.
Helps to take the boy out to the range before that heart to heart talk about, "my girl".

Greatest sensation (for you, sensations) holding your little girl for the first time.

Grats.

Congratulations proud Pappa!

You're entitled to justly express, "Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up" to ensure she's returned home on time.
Helps to take the boy out to the range before that heart to heart talk about, "my girl".

Greatest sensation (for you, sensations) holding your little girl for the first time.

Grats.
I have a machete that I used when building ziplines in Jamaica. It hangs on the wall in my shop and is the meanest looking tool I have ever used. I became very good with it. And any conversations with future suitors will take place in my shop. And the off handed explanation of what the wood chipper parked outside is capable of… lol

I have had a few friends that make the old joke about having boys and only having to worry about one pecker while I have to worry about all of them, or the our kids can date when they are older. My response is always, raise your kid right because I’m not afraid to go to jail for my daughters. When they realize I’m not joking they get real uncomfortable and realize that those aren’t joking matters.

At the end of the day I think that is the gist of it, it comes down to being a good father. Set the example and be the man you would want your daughters to date and marry or if you have sons be the man you want them to become. Love their mother and treat them with respect and encourage them.

Some days I definitely fall short but that’s always the goal.

#girldad

I was getting ready to start the next side until one of my employees left the manual truck in neutral with only the parking brake on and no wheel chalk. My other employee went to grab something out of the truck and bumped the parking brake and got to go for a ride down the 25 yard driveway in a 20k lb wrecking ball. Boy am I glad I didn’t build a wood shop.

The whole shop slid 18”.

3804A0EC-ED29-476D-9C34-DC85D661820F.jpegA66EF3B0-6504-4654-BCA9-A948D8C5B4B7.jpeg

I did the roll backwards thing myself. It was a jinxed Ford Ranger. It bend the driver door backwards as it passed a dumpster then punched in a taillight on the corner of a hayrack where it stopped. Scared the crap out of my Golden Retriever who was sitting in the front seat.

Meanwhile, how are you fastening the siding (screws?)?

What's the black dummy in the hanging in the harness for?

And what are all those racks of dowels all about?

I'm a nosey guy this morning.

I did the roll backwards thing myself. It was a jinxed Ford Ranger. It bend the driver door backwards as it passed a dumpster then punched in a taillight on the corner of a hayrack where it stopped. Scared the crap out of my Golden Retriever who was sitting in the front seat.

Meanwhile, how are you fastening the siding (screws?)?

What's the black dummy in the hanging in the harness for?

And what are all those racks of dowels all about?

I'm a nosey guy this morning.
The siding is getting screwed to the metal sheets that are getting welded to the container. Screws go in the gaps so I don’t have to puncture the container a thousand times.

Aerial rescue dummy to practice rescuing a victim from a tree.

The “dowels” are wood pruner poles I had a buddy make in a custom wood shop. They used to be readily available and now almost impossible. Or shipping isn’t worth it. The major fiberglass pole company bought out the primary company making the wood poles and basically stopped making them. I thought it could be a hood little business. Sold a bunch to the local arborist supplier but the money wasn’t worth it and don’t have time to sell them one by one. I may try though because $10-15 per pole profit sounds a lot better than $3-5.

Back