Ode to HUNT TALK MAN

Maybe HTM is Brian Gritty? Direct competition in the youtube space.

-This announcement brought by SOG knives. You don’t have to be a special operator to carry a tomahawk for who tf knows why!
I don’t think Brian is anywhere close to witty enough to be HTM, plus he hasn’t dropped any discount codes or sponsor plugs

I remember the pull tabs as kid in the 70’s I’m pretty sure they did that just for commercials, but that was a long time ago , you can still find them Laying on the ground in some places , snorkeling in a lake in Eastern Oregon last year for my family vacation and I found some on the bottom of the lake
Apparently I am old.

I don't recall what brand had this type of pull tab, but it was the best. You could separate the tab from the ring and with the slot for leverage, shoot the ring across the room.

Once had great high school party at our house (mid-80s) and had it all cleaned up before parents got back. Two days later mom turned on the sink garbage disposal and it jammed up.....busted. dammit it all....

1659020898246.png

Apparently I am old.

I don't recall what brand had this type of pull tab, but it was the best. You could separate the tab from the ring and with the slot for leverage, shoot the ring across the room.

Once had great high school party at our house (mid-80s) and had it all cleaned up before parents got back. Two days later mom turned on the sink garbage disposal and it jammed up.....busted. dammit it all....

View attachment 231650

My guess is Olympia, we called it OLY, it was dads go to when I was a kid growing up in Alaska , made in Washington St I believe
0E1A0003-5FAA-4E6E-BA45-2862E5CFCC36.jpeg

We had been talking about pull tabs on cans , I went up and power hiked , jogged some hills above Billings, at a place called the rims , for a workout, Found an old Park point where people used to park and overlook the east side of the city and standing there I looked down hello ! Still there on the surface whats it been 40 some years how much snow and time has passed, I just laughed! There was actually 2 and i didn’t really search , I wanted to get on with my exercise
9B6E5283-7CC3-429F-BC5E-55114164F338.jpeg
F051B60E-7B46-4DB7-8C97-2FB90A636A62.jpeg
I ended up doing 3.1 miles in 49 min , up hill , down hill , went farther than I thought, I coulda got that down around 40 min had I not stopped and poked around in a few spots

We had been talking about pull tabs on cans , I went up and power hiked , jogged some hills above Billings, at a place called the rims , for a workout, Found an old Park point where people used to park and overlook the east side of the city and standing there I looked down hello ! Still there on the surface whats it been 40 some years how much snow and time has passed, I just laughed! There was actually 2 and i didn’t really search , I wanted to get on with my exercise
View attachment 233493
View attachment 233496
I ended up doing 3.1 miles in 49 min , up hill , down hill , went farther than I thought, I coulda got that down around 40 min had I not stopped and poked around in a few spots
The circled thing popped out to me as irregular. Probably just broken glass, but it looks like it has relief so maybe knapped.

Attachments

• 2AA0D654-C7C2-45DA-9467-BBBD25E3B39F.jpeg
    2AA0D654-C7C2-45DA-9467-BBBD25E3B39F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
My guess is Olympia, we called it OLY, it was dads go to when I was a kid growing up in Alaska , made in Washington St I believe
View attachment 231667
Are there or aren't there Artesians?

RIP Sam Cales, my dad's best friend from before I was born until Sam passed. More memories of fishing and hunting w Sam and Dad than I can count. Sam put salt in his Oly. I miss them both, extremely.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back