NZ Red Stags

Awesome pictures, unreal country. What would a trip to NZ cost? Anyone? Moosie, you've been there right?

"Up at sparrows fart" is a good N.Z. colloquism, like the wank pit or the scratcher for bed, kiwis aren't big on ceremony :D.

You dont need any kind of guide to hunt in N.Z. we have millions of acres of state land, you get a free permit from the Department of Conservation or Regional Council, drive to the road end, put on your pack and head off :) just remember it may take 3 days backpacking to get to a high country area for Chamois or Tahr, so a lot of guys will now hire a chopper into those areas and book a return in a week or so, costs vary but USD$ around $350.00 return for a party of four, means you can take every thing but the Kitchen sink.

Heck talk to Moosie he,s done the trip, probably a bit more "up market" though I suspect.

Cheers Jeff.

Thanks. I've heard that it was a possiblilty.

I'm most interested in stag. Would that be possible as well?

"A Guide" will gaurantee a stag and in all probability you will get one as well as other game animals, they all live in the same proximity.
Heres the google co/ordinates of my honey hole.

42.48.59.09 South
171.43.02.25 Est

There are always stags on the terraces in the bush behind lake Karapatika about a three hour walk from the road end, chamois on the tops and damn good trout fishing.

Cheers

Do you have to wear stripped tights with leg warmers? :D j/k!

Some beautiful ass country though. Definately on my want to do list of hunts.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back