NW transplant living in NC

Mmmmm, pimento cheese. Next time you're up around hickory, give a mush sandwich a try, they're actually really good. They even have a liver mush festival every year up in Burke County I believe.

Originally from west-central MT, but duty has had me firmly planted in the SE for the last 15+ years. Love the content and characters here, been lurking for the last few months after a buddy turned me on to it. Bow, rifle, and fly rod are my usual tools of the trade - but I'm starting to get a taste for more things with wings. Stuck in the South this year with local only hunting, but free to head back west in '23 and beyond. Always glad to share conversation with folks, looking forward to swapping stories and learning new things.

- N
Never been to Montana, sure looks beautiful. Spent five years in Minnesota and have been to the Black Hills of South Dakota a few times. There's definitely something special about these western states. Hope you get back!
D

Never been to Montana, sure looks beautiful. Spent five years in Minnesota and have been to the Black Hills of South Dakota a few times. There's definitely something special about these western states. Hope you get back!
D
@Dave30-06 I have a few family members that lived in N. Minnesota where the mosquitoes were thick like nothing I've ever seen outside of Alabama swamp country. Thanks for the welcome note!

welcome! probably a fun opportunity to learn the ways of southern hunting while you're down there
Thanks @elkythoughts

It's definitely a different game down here. I had to put away high power optics because the vegetation is so thick you're not shooting further than 80-100yds unless it's an ag field of some kind. You're either going in on a group lease or fighting a parade of orange on what little public land is available, which was probably the biggest eye opener. Public land in the east/coastal areas are about the size of what most locals would call a "small farm" back home.

Tree climbers around the swamp edges are a man's best friend where I'm at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back