Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

NW Region Sportsman's Roundtable meeting

Oak

Expert
This is your chance to tell us what ails you with CPW. We will pass it along to CPW staff at our statewide meeting in August. Come out and say hello.

KREMMLING, Colo. - Local sportsmen and women are invited to meet and discuss hunting and fishing issues with their citizen representatives during the Northwest Region Sportsmen's Roundtable caucus, Wednesday, July 29 at 6 p.m. at the Blue Valley Sportsmen's Club in Kremmling.

The Blue Valley Sportsman Club is located at Milepost 128.1 on Colorado Highway 9, approximately 11 miles south of Kremmling, just north of the Summit/Grand county line.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife formed the Sportsmen's Roundtable in 2012 in a continuing effort to provide hunters and anglers with opportunities to submit input about wildlife management decisions. Consisting of elected and appointed delegates from each of the state's four wildlife management regions, the groups collect input from constituents in a variety of ways, including public meetings. The input is then relayed to Colorado Parks and Wildlife's leadership at the statewide Sportsmen's Roundtable meetings, held twice each year.

There are a variety of topics open for discussion, including CPW's 2015 Strategic Plan, the West Slope Mule Deer Strategy, and ideas and concepts for generating revenue.

Regional Sportsmen’s Caucus meetings are open to participation by any hunter or angler who has an interest in the Northwest Region. The meetings can include any number of participants; no active hunter or angler will be excluded from the discussion.

In addition to voicing their opinions at regional meetings, members of the public can contact their local representatives directly at any time.

The next Statewide Sportsmen's Roundtable meeting is scheduled for Aug. 22 in Buena Vista.

For more information about the Sportsmen's Roundtable, go to www.cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/Roundtable.aspx

Who: Northwest Region Sportsmen's Roundtable

What: Regional Caucus meeting

When: Wednesday, July 29, 6 p.m

Where: Blue Valley Sportsman Club is located at Milepost 128.1 on Colorado Highway 9, approximately 11 miles south of Kremmling, just north of the Summit/Grand county line.

I hope people participate in this. I often hear people who are upset over an agency decision, say that their opinion is never sought,etc. Now is a time to be heard.

Thanks, Oak.

There was 9 members of the public, 3 roundtable delegates and 4 CPW staff.

Well, I guess on the plus side, the public outnumbered the CPW staff:rolleyes:

We had a meeting in Laramie recently where the WYGF employees outnumbered the public....and the public continues to whine about the WYGF never doing what "they want".:W::W::W:

Well, I guess on the plus side, the public outnumbered the CPW staff:rolleyes:

We had a meeting in Laramie recently where the WYGF employees outnumbered the public....and the public continues to whine about the WYGF never doing what "they want".:W::W::W:

Had a good podcast discussion on "How do we solve this lack of advocacy?" with guests Andrew McKean and Hal Herring today. Can't say any of us had a magical solution.

Not sure if we can to a consensus, but if we did come to consensus, it is this. People only have "X" amount of time for their interests; highest priority interests getting the most time allocated. For something to move up the list and get more time, it must become a higher priority or have greater fear of being lost.

Not sure if that is correct, but seems some people will act because it is among their highest priorities. Others will act if you try to take something from them.

Right now, we are in such "Good old days" of hunting, most hunters do not see any of the proposed threats to be large enough in relation to where hunting is on their priority list that they will allocate some of their scarce time to advocacy for such. Sooner or later, they will see something as a large enough threat that they will become more involved. By that time, will it be too late?

Wish I had answers. I don't. I do have observations, but I cannot draw any helpful conclusions from those observations.

Randy,

I agree with everything in that post, people do have to make it a priority.

I will just add that very few people I know, are that scarce of time, that they couldn't afford to pry their ass of the couch to attend a GF meeting a couple times a year. They seem to have no problem coming up with time to hunt for 7, 10, 20 days year, but cant come up with a few hours to advocate for hunting or attend a meeting?

I don't buy it...using time as an excuse, is just that, an excuse.

Look at the hours people spend on this board...and they cant spare a few hours to attend a meeting?

Hunters as a whole, are like any other "group" or organization...they suffer from what I've heard called the "S.T.P" syndrome....its the Same Ten People that show up to do all the work.

I went to my first meeting here in the springs and I must say it was about a 50/50 split 10 sportsmen to ten officers. Give or take I didn't get a head count. I'm new I don't know proper procedures

Back