NW Olympic Peninsula?

mdunc8

Heading to the Olympic Peninsula for a week of camping after taking in a Mariners game next Saturday. Does anyone have any camping or hiking recommendations? Would prefer to find some good dispersed options but wouldn’t be opposed to an established campground (although it might be a little late to reserve a spot). Hope to check out the coast, see some big trees, and maybe catch a few fish. Thanks for the help.

Let’s try this...

Hey guys. Long time lurker here. Thought I’d finally dive in after I drew a Roosevelt tag for the NW part of the Olympic Peninsula. I’ve never been out there and I work six jobs, have eight kids, and a two legged bird dog that consume my time so I won’t have time to scout. Does anyone have recommendations for places I could camp? I’m not looking for anyone’s honey holes. Just a place to rest my head after hunting. I promise that you’ll never hear from me again. Thanks.

Reactions: JCS
Here is a short list to get you going; The Hoh river valley, La Push, the Queets river valley, the Sol Duck river valley - The Sol Duck even has hot springs for the family. Every one of these river drainage's hold Roosevelt Elk and fish. I would mention all of these rivers are at historic low flows this summer moderate drought happening, although it is raining this morning. By the way, bring rain gear!

There's not a ton of dispersed camping options. Hike the park section along the beach, super cool area. Get into the alpine. The rest is just cool forest hikes.

Heading to the Olympic Peninsula for a week of camping after taking in a Mariners game next Saturday. Does anyone have any camping or hiking recommendations? Would prefer to find some good dispersed options but wouldn’t be opposed to an established campground (although it might be a little late to reserve a spot). Hope to check out the coast, see some big trees, and maybe catch a few fish. Thanks for the help.

Just found the thread today; so, I'm a little late to offer help. Did you find what you sought?

Contact me if you make another trip--there are plenty of places to get away from the crowds.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back