NW Colorado Elk

Rooster52

Who is hunting NW Colorado first season elk ? I will be there south of Steamboat Springs ,assuming I draw my tag.

I hope to be in the Flat Top Wilderness area southwest of Steamboat during the first rifle season. However, I drew tag for New Mexico Oct 8-12, so that may be my elk hunt for the season.

I will be a little ways West of Steamboat during archery season for my first elk hunt. Can't get any work done because I can't quit thinking about it.

I will be a little ways West of Steamboat during archery season for my first elk hunt. Can't get any work done because I can't quit thinking about it.

Watch out for snakes ! West of Steamboat ,Elk Mountain area has the highest concentration of rattle snakes in the state.

Watch out for snakes ! West of Steamboat ,Elk Mountain area has the highest concentration of rattle snakes in the state.

That is very interesting and appreciated piece of information. Will be slightly north of Elk Mountain but will definitely be on the lookout.

I'm pretty used to snakes living here in the edge of the MS Delta. Plenty of rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, and copperheads but I also know it only takes one.

Back