Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

NW CO forest roads.

jvanhoy

Looking for contact info or a web site for info on road access in unit 5 CO. I should draw a archery tag this year and I've been looking over maps and finding alot of roads that's called Jeep trails. I'm thinking these can be used but are probably really rough. I found a number listed on backcountry navigator for the road I'm wondering about but can't find anything googling it. If anyone has a phone number for the local warden or forest service person please shoot me a pm. I've always hunted the otc units around 5 but this is my first time elk hunting it. I've deer hunted it a little bit. If anyone has any info to point me in the right direction that would be great too. Looking hard at the shield mountain area. Thanks a bunch.

http://ndismaps.nrel.colostate.edu/index.html?app=HuntingAtlas

Select the unit # from drop list on top. Map will zoom to that unit. Go to bottom of left column, check MVUM. It will show every open road and atv, motorcycle trail on USFS land. You will see that some roads marked on topo maps have been closed or rerouted.
Also on that map are unit boundaries, campgrounds, county roads, deer/elk summer, winter, migration and resident areas. You can see land ownership, satgellite view, topo maps. This is a great tool, especially when combined w Google Maps or Earth.

Thanks alot! I've looked at the atlas a bunch and never noticed it had the motor vehicle overlay.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back