NV FCFS totals 2021

NDOW temporarily had a summary of total tags per species distributed under first come, first serve program last year. Then the link disappeared. Does anybody have those figures or know where I can find?

That data went down when the 2021 FCFS link on the Kalkomey page retired. I didn't save the totals either - probably because it infuriated me. Especially the NDOW idea of being "residency agnostic" (I believe NDOW coined this amazing term). Wyoming and other states are moving towards more residency discrimination - and NDOW chooses instead to be "residency agnostic"? Thanks for that NDOW...

I wish it meant that FCFS would be retired for 2022, but I see that CF 22-02 was updated to change FCFS slightly. It remains to be seen whether their fix for multiple logins/browsers will completely close down the bots. My guess is that guy from St George with the Bot will still be cashing in on FCFS in 2022 ($500/tag seems reasonable looking back). I have not heard whether all the ram tags went to his clients. Kalkomey and their bugs are at the root of the 2021 farce so I'm not hopeful they have the skillset to defend against a good bot.

CR 22-02 - Big Game Tag Application Eligibility and Tag Limits (ndow.org)

Participating persons will be limited to adding one (1) tag to their cart in a seven (7)-day period. .. Suspicious activity includes... multiple logins into a single account and/or multiple browser sessions open at a single time.

That data went down when the 2021 FCFS link on the Kalkomey page retired. I didn't save the totals either - probably because it infuriated me. Especially the NDOW idea of being "residency agnostic" (I believe NDOW coined this amazing term). Wyoming and other states are moving towards more residency discrimination - and NDOW chooses instead to be "residency agnostic"? Thanks for that NDOW...

I wish it meant that FCFS would be retired for 2022, but I see that CF 22-02 was updated to change FCFS slightly. It remains to be seen whether their fix for multiple logins/browsers will completely close down the bots. My guess is that guy from St George with the Bot will still be cashing in on FCFS in 2022 ($500/tag seems reasonable looking back). I have not heard whether all the ram tags went to his clients. Kalkomey and their bugs are at the root of the 2021 farce so I'm not hopeful they have the skillset to defend against a good bot.

Participating persons will be limited to adding one (1) tag to their cart in a seven (7)-day period. .. Suspicious activity includes... multiple logins into a single account and/or multiple browser sessions open at a single time.
I’m a big fan of the FCFS. Could have bought several tags last year. I think it’s a great way to redistribute tags that otherwise wouldn’t be available.

I’m a big fan of the FCFS.
Of course you are - because you are from Montana.

I would be a fan of a Montana FCFS process that would sell me a residency agnostic ram tag for only $1201 and zero points. But Montana is too smart to do that.

I would be a fan of a Montana FCFS process that would sell me a residency agnostic ram tag for only $1201 and zero points. But Montana is too smart to do that.
You weren’t getting that tag before. It was literally going to no one after it got turned back in. You, as a resident, have the same opportunity as a NR to get that tag on the FCFS.

If you really want to stop this then quit allowing people to turn their tags back in at the last minute.

With that being said. The FCFS system in Nevada is 1000000x better than Colorado’s system.

So you're upset you didn't get to buy a tag you weren't able to draw?
You sound like the kind of guy who wants to switch over to preference points because you have a lot of them and think you're owed a tag ahead of some kid.
Or blames his lack of success on "too many non-residents" even though there's the same amount every year.

Colorado returned tags are "residency agnostic" also, aren't they?

QQ

If you really want to stop this then quit allowing people to turn their tags back in at the last minute.
100% true. If NDOW wasn’t overly generous with tag return policy, FCFS would never have been necessary. NDOW keeps your tag money, but gives the person returning the tag all their points back AND a point for the current year. And most tags can be returned as late as 4:59pm the night before opening.

Further, NDOW too narrowly defines an “eligible alternate” (to call/email to offer the returned tag). They will only call an alternate who had that returned Tag as Choice #1 on their app. Why be so restrictive? I believe that a NV resident who had NV-213 Ram as choice #2-5 should have been called prior to a Utah resident getting that tag on FCFS. NV looks at all 5 choices on an app – so most folks would never put the mid or low tier tags in spot #1. And those are the exact tags most likely to be returned.

The net result of all these nuances is that NV residents return tags at a much higher rate in than non-residents (many $120 elk tags were returned, but what NR is going to turn in a NV elk tag when they paid $1201?).

In turn, non-residents snatch up FCFS tags at a much higher rate than residents because they quickly realized what a deal it was. A guy with a brand new NDOW account and zero points could snag a nearly OIL tag if he had a simple bot or just slightly more ingenuity than a Kalkomey developer from Texas. Even the most computer illiterate could outsmart Kalkomey by only opening up an extra browser session?

Meanwhile, in Wyoming…

Apologies to OP for derailing his thread.

I back-doored in to the retired page to get it. Again, sorry for derailing your simple question.

"The FCFS program has closed and is scheduled to reopen July 1 for the 2022-2023 hunting season.

In 2021, 987 Tags were made available and purchased through the FCFS Program:

• 173 Antelope Horns Longer than Ears Tags
  • 13 Antelope Horns Shorter than Ears Tags
  • 2 Junior Mule Deer Antlered/Antlerless Tags
  • 560 Antlered Mule Deer Tags
  • 12 Antlerless Mule Deer Tags
  • 102 Antlered (Bull) Elk Tags
  • 95 Antlerless (Cow) Elk Tags
  • 21 Spike Elk Tags
  • 7 Nelson Desert Bighorn Sheep Ram Tags
  • 2 Nelson Desert Bighorn Sheep Ewe Tags"

I had fun with the FCFS site. I even snagged one. My luck we had record snow fall and I couldn’t get to where the deer winter on the mountain above my house. I’m not sure they were even there this year with the snow. I went east and discovered some new areas which was fun. I didn’t get a deer but I still got the opportunity to hunt when I didn’t get a tag in the draw. I agree they need to tweak a few things but overall I liked it.

I back-doored in to the retired page to get it. Again, sorry for derailing your simple question.

"The FCFS program has closed and is scheduled to reopen July 1 for the 2022-2023 hunting season.

In 2021, 987 Tags were made available and purchased through the FCFS Program:

• 173 Antelope Horns Longer than Ears Tags
  • 13 Antelope Horns Shorter than Ears Tags
  • 2 Junior Mule Deer Antlered/Antlerless Tags
  • 560 Antlered Mule Deer Tags
  • 12 Antlerless Mule Deer Tags
  • 102 Antlered (Bull) Elk Tags
  • 95 Antlerless (Cow) Elk Tags
  • 21 Spike Elk Tags
  • 7 Nelson Desert Bighorn Sheep Ram Tags
  • 2 Nelson Desert Bighorn Sheep Ewe Tags"
7 ram tags???? 😳😳😳

I was a huge proponent of “not talking about FCFS” in 2021. But even the incompetent tech folks at NDOW and Kalkomey have demonstrated in the updated CR 22-02 that they finally understood their technical oversight that allowed so many individuals and bots to snipe tags. The trick is not going to work in 2022.

So now - I want more discussion, not less. Just today, the Wyoming legislature looks very close to passing 90/10. States use wilderness rules, outfitter allocations and other rules to discriminate against NRs. While at that same time, Nevada takes the opposite approach and gifts NRs with the new concept of “Resident Agnostic FCFS”?

I deal with NR discrimination in all the other states I apply – and I concede their right to do so. I just want my own state (NV) to measure out that same discrimination rather than gift away ram & bull elk tags to an NR in excess of our 10% NR cap.

7 Nelson ram Tags & 102 big bull elk tags were reallocated on FCFS. Many went to NRs – and I think we know most were resident returns due to the $120/$1201 cost disparity of a return.

At a minimum, the 90/10 cap should have been applied to those reallocated tags. Better yet, give NV resident youth 24 hours to obtain those tags on FCFS before any adult. After 24 hours, then a NR adult can have the tag IF it was a NR that returned the tag…

I was a huge proponent of “not talking about FCFS” in 2021. But even the incompetent tech folks at NDOW and Kalkomey have demonstrated in the updated CR 22-02 that they finally understood their technical oversight that allowed so many individuals and bots to snipe tags. The trick is not going to work in 2022.

So now - I want more discussion, not less. Just today, the Wyoming legislature looks very close to passing 90/10. States use wilderness rules, outfitter allocations and other rules to discriminate against NRs. While at that same time, Nevada takes the opposite approach and gifts NRs with the new concept of “Resident Agnostic FCFS”?

I deal with NR discrimination in all the other states I apply – and I concede their right to do so. I just want my own state (NV) to measure out that same discrimination rather than gift away ram & bull elk tags to an NR in excess of our 10% NR cap.

7 Nelson ram Tags & 102 big bull elk tags were reallocated on FCFS. Many went to NRs – and I think we know most were resident returns due to the $120/$1201 cost disparity of a return.

At a minimum, the 90/10 cap should have been applied to those reallocated tags. Better yet, give NV resident youth 24 hours to obtain those tags on FCFS before any adult. After 24 hours, then a NR adult can have the tag IF it was a NR that returned the tag…
the-sour-grapes-are-strong-with-this-one.jpg

I would think all returned sheep tags should go to RESIDENTS. With only 7 tags.....it would only take about 30min per tag to get it sold. Call next on list and they don't answer...... call the next.
Pretty simple to me. The rest can stay the same.
Kinda crappy some dude could have sold them off a bot, kinda bull💩
I do know of at least 1 resident that snagged one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back