Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

NV antelope score help

dainer

The title says it all. What do you guys think he would go?? I've looked at him so much over the last 3 days, and he keeps making me change my guess.
Click the YouTube link and you can pause to view different angles. Not as distorted as the photos.
http://youtu.be/qJqZvopev-Y

Last edited:
Hard to tell from grainy photos. His tops are really thin. He appears to have average mass on the bottom, too. Length seems OK due to the top over hook. Good prongs. So hard to tell without seeing all angles. From the limited angles of those grainy pics, I would say 74-76.

I agree with Randy and I looked at the video that is much clearer. He's a shooter with decent cutters above his ears and may have a little better mass down below than we think. If you don't see anything better and get a chance I'd definitely shoot him!

Thanks Randy, that's about what I am coming up with as well. I've gone clip through clip of the YouTube video and was having a hard time using his eye for a mass measurement. Think you are right with average. He is more slippery than a bar of soap, so I kept equating smarts with big. We have seen a ton of these good, but not great bucks. This unit have spit out several B&C bucks over the last couple years, so we will keep looking.. For a couple more days anyways.

Last edited:
I would give him a couple more inches than my nevada buck as he has better prongs it looks like. Maybe 75. Wouldn't go much more than that. Not sure what zone you are hunting but we saw a nice buck in 033. 80 or so I would say.

Antelope score

I know a lot of guys get hung up on what an animal will score. I just try to shoot
something that is a little bigger than what I have already taken. I've gotten 3 antelope
in NV.
That one looks pretty good to me. Plus antelope is some really good eating!
:D

Definitely a shooter. Shoot and then put the tape on him. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you everyone. Really just wanted someone to confirm he's good but not a monster. I always try to talk myself into antelope being bigger than they are. I realize the pictures and video aren't ideal to be very accurate with either. Not usually one to get hung up on score, but my dad has 3 "good" ones on the wall , and would like to get him an excellent one. I'll have pictures to post of something before the season ends one way or another. Thanks again.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back