NV 061/071 early Archery Tag just now...

lastlight

Soooo I am not sure if I got lucky or made a stupid mistake, but this morning I grabbed a Bull tag off the NV FCFS list without knowing what it was at first because these tags obviously go instantly. Nothing like a last minute elk tag though and I will be heading out next week. This archery tag started today and ends the 31st, about all I know about the area is the Copper Mtn on the western edge of the Jarbidge gets mentioned a lot. I'm going to head out next week for the last 5 or 6 days of the season. With this being a OIL tag I figured I had a chance at some useful feedback from my fellow hunttalkers. I am thinking stay high in elevation with this kind of heat lately. Running solo and I'll spike camp and hunt off my back the entire time most likely, or maybe bring my quad to glass long distance from the roads in there as there arent much roadless areas and only one small wilderness area that is lower in elevation. Anyone care to PM me I would hope to be able to return the favor or spread the good karma....

Those entire units are covered up in roads, as I'm sure you've seen. I wouldn't get stuck on hunting specific elevations, just look for drainages you cant drive to.

Thanks guys. How are the roads in general? Ok for my 4x4 half ton I assume. Might bring my ATV but would rather not..

Anyone know if the Rough Hills Wilderness area holds elk in August?

If there are agricultural fields nearby, intercept them going back to their bedding area but get in place an hour before daylight. I've seen elk travel 6-7 miles each way, that's nothing to them.

So I think I just PMed you. LOL. I have not done that in quite awhile and freely admit I am challenged! This is the only forum I belong to and am not on any other form of social media (does this qualify as social media?). I am proudly an embarrassment to my kids!
If I failed please PM me, I have a suggestion on where to look. Congrats on the tag.

You don't need your ATV. The roads are mostly washboard two wheel drive. Occasionally, you'll need four wheel, but mostly just two.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back