Yeti GOBOX Collection

Number OneTips that you can give me for elk hunting

Elk senses are the reverse of human senses: Scent 1st, Sound 2nd, Sight 3rd. They can bust you with any of them, but usually it's in that order. A $5 puff bottle will be of more use than a $500 camo pattern.

Wind at your back, and the sun in your face. Well, better actually go with glass, glass, glass.

Elk hunting is my opinion can be the most mentally draining hunt, did 89 miles on my boots total this archery season. Ended up tagging a cow on the last day of season. Just do not give up no matter what

Get to your glassing spots in the dark and find a spot you can cover a lot ground with glass if you can plan your hunt with snow on the ground it helps a lot it will keep them feeding longer and it makes them easier to spot against a white back ground

Actually - the number 1 advice anyone could ever give u is this
- buy the tag and go hunt . Meaning don't put it off , do it

After all that good advice I'd say during the general rifle hunts which are hunts most of us do or do the most is to stay afield. Can't kill one from camp...well from most camps anyway. Certainly not a hotel room!!!

Pretty much advice for all hunting..

Have a good attitude.
Choose your boots for the hike out, not the hike in.
Be hunting at the first step out of your truck.

Shoot and reload. If it's not on the ground shoot again. Repeat as necessary. Never assume a kill shot. Elk are tough and unpredictable animals.

A hole in both lungs will kill every elk. It's just that some drop quicker than others.

Shoot twice if you can't track. :)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back