NRL22

Brandon270

Has anyone else gotten into the 22lr competition craze?

There is a group a few years ago who would do some nrl22 competitions about an hour away from me but eventually transformed it to just long range competitions in the hills with center fire rifles.

Now recently there is nrl22 competitions at my local range and I'm thinking it would be a fun way to get extra trigger time. I'm looking at a basic setup
-cz457 heavy barrel
-harris bipod
-possibly a vortex diamondback tactical 4-12x40

I'm a little hung up on the scope, the targets range from 25 yards to 100 with everything in between. The stages are timed around 2 minutes or so for 10 shots. Often times you have to bounce back and forth between distances. This doesn't allow a ton of time to play with a turret I would imagine but with that vortex you have the option of using the turret or an moa reticle. Target sizes range from 1/4" to 6"

I believe there is a msrp price limit of $1000 to stay in the stock class so I don't have plans to go all out on a scope. Anyone else have a better setup for this type of competition?

Tagging in to hear what folks are doing. My daughter and I started doing PRS matches this year and we are looking for something we can do in more locations due to a shortage of 1,000+ yard ranges near us.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back