NRA Bankruptcy/Restructuring

It is probably a legal decision. They are incorporated in NY and moving to Texas would likely give them Legal protections from the NY attorney general.

I got a request for contribution today from the Whittington Center.

I wrote a note on the request that until LaPierre was gone, zero.

If they are not smart enough to realize that fact, they do not want to.

Threw the envelope in the trash.

Whittington Center should remove their affiliation with the NRA.

Confronting anti hunting my ass. I wouldn't call being totally absent in opposition to land transfer confronting anti hunting. More like cowering in the face of the largest threat to Western hunting, or perhaps even being in bed with the enemy while hiding behind the excuse of not wanting to stray from their mission statement. I've also sent them nasty grams telling them they will never get a dime from me until they change their messaging and sent their "leadership" packing.

Looks like he's getting out of town to save his own a$$....

"On Thursday, LaPierre's position as CEO and executive vice president of the most dominant gun lobby in the United States became more precarious after New York Attorney General Letitia James sued him and three other high-ranking current or former NRA executives, alleging that they have undercut the nonprofit organization's charitable mission by engaging in illegal financial conduct.

That includes diverting tens of millions of dollars for personal trips and expenditures, lucrative no-show contracts to buy people's silence and other improper spending, according to the lawsuit.

"The NRA was serving as a personal piggy bank for four individual defendants," James, a Democrat, said at a news conference.

LaPierre is named in the suit along with Wilson "Woody" Phillips, a former NRA treasurer and chief financial officer; Joshua Powell, a former chief of staff and executive director of general operations; and John Frazer, the corporate secretary and general counsel.

The suit says their actions contributed to the loss of more than $64 million in three years as they enriched themselves and overrode and evaded internal controls ... without regard to the NRA's best interests."

Back