Caribou Gear Tarp

NR Iowa deer

How many points does archery in the NE section of Iowa take?I have a long time family friend with 365 acre farm in that area.His land runs along the Miss river,and can see Ill and Wis.from the ridge over the river.To give an idea of what zone it would be in.He's been telling me to go out for 15 years now.I think archery takes the most points though;not sure

That would be zone 8 off of your description. 84 total nonresident archery tags, 26 were drawn with 0 preference points and 41 with 1 point. 156 gun tags and everyone who drew with 0 points, 124 applicants, received a tag first year. If you can see WI, Illinois, and Iowa it must be close to the Dubuque city limits? Most hunting shows in Iowa are in the SE Corner, but all the counties along the Mississippi produce good deer.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting/NonresidentHunting.aspx

Last edited:
Gellar has good info on zone 8. I looked up zone 9 wich is far northeast Iowa. Looks like archery you would need a minimum of 3 points.

I'm going to call him and get more exact town close by.If I can get with no points I might as well go hunt.He use to laugh at what we considered big deer in Pa

It looks like you’d be in Dubuque County which broke the 2000 mark for number of deer taken last year. That’s one of the higher populations in the state. To put in in perspective the county that I hunt in generally harvests around 500 deer.

I'm going to call him and get more exact town close by.If I can get with no points I might as well go hunt.He use to laugh at what we considered big deer in Pa

Scott...I'd be happy to go check it for you this year if you don't have enough points:) I have 4 NR points

Back