Nov 6th Western SD blizzard pics

T Bone

Got up early to go to work and fired up the Toyota and didn't even make it to the main road. I retreated back to house, and worked from home. Later I tried to go dig out the pickup, but the wind was drifting in faster than I can dig.
pb063658.jpg

It'll make a nice lawn ornament

View from inside the house.
pb063659.jpg

When the wind died down some, we let the kids out to play. That's a 6 foot fence sticking through the snow.
pb063663.jpg

pb063665.jpg

Hope the plows can get out soon so we can get for opening day of deer rifle season Sat!

Damn TBone, what did you guys do to deserve that? Seems to have missed SW Montana, but probably making a mess of SE MT.

Time to settle in with a warm drink, watch the game, and let it run its course. Life in the northern plains. Gotta love it!

I am three hours west of him, and we only got the tip of it. Sure was cold wind though.

Wow I bet the hunting is good tomorrow if you can get out.

I was making fun of a friend by phone today, he is in Spearfish and he said he wasn't gonna leave the house. I called him a Mary.

I am gonna pretend I didn't see T-bones pics;)

whats the grand total?Its just hitting here in Iowa so I'm out to go pull my traps for now.

I'd guess 16 inches fell here at home. Spearfish and Deadwood doubled that easily.

The wind sure made a mess of it.

Day 2 of snow-in here. My back is shot from shoveling. We have to be able to get out for the opener tomorrow!

I see a snow blower in my future.

I heard it was bad over there. Damn. Makes East Idaho look sweet.

We were camping in Northern Nevada when that stuff came thru. Sure helped the deer hunting.

Is that going to hurt the herds (other than an slight increase in lead poisoning on the opener)?

That's some wild white stuff right there for sure. Hope you make it out for the opener but if not that timber behind the house will have to do;)

Good thing you have a long season.I called my brother last night and he was going 40 down the interstate which was just opened up.They opened it 10 miles further than he needed to travel.So at least he will get to hunt.Hope you have as much luck getting out.Looking forward to a pic of the boy holding a deer.

Quite a blizzard. I had to spend the night in the pick-up about 30 miles east of Broadas. Made Spearfish by early morning and sat there waiting for the Interstate to open. Ten hours later I found some side roads to finally make it to Sturgis. Holy shit...most snow I have seen in a long time. Made Spearfish look like nothing. Got some pics, but will have to post them when I get back to MT. The good news, deer everywhere and we passed on some dandies last night. One is a no brainer and if he shows up tonight, one of us will put him down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back