PEAX Equipment

'Nother newbie from Colorado

JayCO

Evening folks. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hey. I'm Jason... I call the front range of Colorado home. I'm pushing 40 years old, married, and have a gaggle of young daughters. So not only am I starting to hunt pretty late in life, but I'm also spread pretty thin time-wise.:)

That said, I really identify with a lot of the aspects of the hunting culture out here in the west, and would like to give it a go...

A good friend of mine and experienced hunter has graciously changed his hunt plans this fall to allow me to tag along on my first elk hunt. So I'll be applying for a cow elk tag but also a mule deer buck tag in the same unit. Odds aren't great I'll draw l, and if I don't, I'll buy an OTC bull elk tag for the same unit. I'm excited to be able to spend the time in the backcountry with a good friend.

I'll also hunt turkeys west of Trinidad, CO this spring in a unit that contains some land in the family.

Fin, really appreciate the site here. Just started listening to the podcasts. Really enjoyable and great discussions.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Welcome Jason, glad to have you on HuntTalk. Having a mentor can certainly accelerate the learning curve, so congratulations on finding a willing mentor.

And while I am thinking out loud on a hunting forum I feel compelled to encourage all of us to remember that high ethics and law abiding actions must be modeled in our mentoring. And Jason, you should be a willing participant while learning so that you can in turn mentor more folks interested in nature and outdoors activities.

Welcome! I'm still on a learning curve of Western animals since I didn't move here until 2007 when I retired from the Army. But, it's definitely satisfying with each close encounter, and especially when you finally connect!! You definitely came to the right place for some knowledge and sarcasm and some foolishness...hope you have some thick skin and don't get offended too easily :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back