Not realy a hunting question

Preacher shaner

I will be hunting along the Yukon river this coming September. I want to take some fishing equipment. What do yall recommend. Lures line size things like that. Salmon are a no go where I am going. Would like.to catch anything else.
Thanks

8lb test mono and a medium 2 piece ugly stick with spinning reel. Mepps and Blue Fox Spinners around 1/8 oz. (you can err on the side of caution and get a few slightly bigger and slightly smaller depending on how much tackle you want to carry. Spoons around the same weight.. like the super dupers and such. You want something that isn't extremely heavy so you wont stay hung on the bottom. Curly tail grubs around 2 inch at most and a few jig heads for them.
Its simple fishing.. a handful of spinners and you'll catch whatever is swimming around for the most part. Biggest thing is bring some bright colors and some dark colors as far as the above goes.

You will have to fish in the sloughs off the main river. In most places along the Yukon have too much slit in the water to fish unless you have a gillnet.

Wire leaders, 3" gold and silver spoons. If you're in a snaggy area, a worm hook with some 4-5" zoon flukes to make them weedless

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back