Not mine but HUGE!

uncle sage

Thanks noharleyyet, just a few words and pics from a old wore out buck hunter. If i had ever put into my work, the efforts and time that i have put into hunting and the outdoors, think i may have been a whole lot better off now than i am. But it is what it is. I guess...

As an aside, I was just looking at that old pic of my Dad's side of the Family. Uncle George there aiming his rifle, while he was in the service, he was assigned to a shooting team that traveled around to various shoots. He brought back to the Ranch with him several of his shooting irons, cases of US Ball ammo that we kids could use and never did run out of, and a big shadow box full of the medals he had won from a bunch of competitions. The Army badly wanted him to reenlist so he could shoot for the USA in the coming Olympics but he turned them down to get back to the Ranch and Partner up with Grandpa in the farming and Cow-Calf operation that got much bigger as the years went on.

My Dad's younger brother Uncle Russ, near my age, he wasn't born yet in the pic, he had a son also named Russ or Russell. Some of you may be familiar with, Russell Cardoza, if you are into Rodeo. Young Russell wasn't the first of the Family to do well in that line of work but he's making a good living for himself as a Team Roping Heeler and All-Around Cowboy these days. All of us was raised on the same Ranch, a lot of hard work but how nice that was...

Laelkhunter

Great photos. Love the nostalgia of the "old days". Notice how those hunters didn't need Kuiu, or Sitka Camo and they still harvested some monster deer?

Gr8bawana

Great photos. Love the nostalgia of the "old days". Notice how those hunters didn't need Kuiu, or Sitka Camo and they still harvested some monster deer?
Nowdays you can't even set foot in the hunting hills without wearing $1000 worth of KUIU and $500 boots and a $500 cooler to put any deer unfortunate enough to be within 1500 yards of the shooter. :(