Not Exactly Shimpies...

BW

Gents,

My pot puller motor broke last week, and it took a few days to get it running again. So our pots soaked extra long.
I got a few shrimpies on my string of pots, but my buddies string of pots came up empty, except this critter...

f980ade6.jpg

f980ade3.jpg

My buddies three year old had asked his daddy to catch him an octopus to eat, so we took it home. But instead of eating it, the local college asked if they could have it for a new aquarium display they were making for the tourist. So the octopus got a reprieve.

f980ade9.jpg

Man it was a nice day!!! Had to break out the $5.00 shades :D

BTW, octopus makes great halibut bait!

I think it would of looked better cut into rings and deep-fried.

Good catch! I went to Jamaca on a field trip in college and one the guys on the trip caught a 'pus about that size with his hands. Should've seen the hickies!!! :D

When I was going to college in Phoenix, I had a bunch of shool buddies that were from Hawaii and man, they eat those octopus up like they were going out of style. Although dead, I just couldn't bring myself to eat something that would or could 'stick' going down!

BW, cool pics! Looks like fun.

Wilecoyote76

Yep, I'm looking pretty pale!

Well, even though it doesn't look healthy, it's actually more healthy than being sunburned and tanned all the time.

My wife is Hawaiian, that's where we met. Dried octopus taste okay, but so does everything else when washed down with beer.

BW, I have a 150 GAllon salt water tank.. NExt time you get a Little 'puss, Send it down this way :D :D

Looks like alot of fun on the boat. You must sure enjoy it, cuz you never catch anything ;)

Back