Not a cougar but alot of fun.

Bwana

Saturday night the boys went on their first coon hunt with the guy who took me out a couple of years ago. No mules this time but still alot of fun. Things started off a bit slow and didn't look good when the one dog we were using that night tangled with a porcupine. But after pulling the quills she was off to the races again. When all was said and done the boys each got to shoot a coon out of a tree and I got one out of a bale pile.

Yesterday the boys spend a fair number of hours pulling Burdock (cockleburr-type things) out of the fur so now it is a matter of learning how to skin them and then the hides will be sent in to get tanned.

My daughter (6) asked if she could have mine and hang it in her room. She informed me that she didn't just want girly stuff decorating her room she also wanted hunting stuff. Needless to say that brought a smile to my face.

5020.jpg

Me and the boys with the night's catch.
5021.jpg

When I saw the title of this thread I was expecting a picture of a woman.

Looks like a fun time though anyway.

Good times. My uncle keeps a pack of hounds for bear and lion. I go along once in a while on the coon hunts too, I could really like it if we had coons somewhere besides the thick river bottoms around here.

Sorry about that Greeny but I am leaving those type of posts in your capable hands.

Thought about the toothpick but decided not to go there.

I guided and hunted with hounds (lions & bears) for many years. Too many injuries can no longer keep up with them but I sure miss it. But I still have my head out the window after a new snow.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back