Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Nosler Partition or Barnes TTSX

I really like the partitions but my rifle likes the ttsx better, I think both are good but it’s more of what works best in your rifle.

of the choices you provided Partitions all day. I shoot berger I shoot better> nothing kills like a berger> bang flop

...try both bullet's and see which one you shoot best. The magic is not in the bullet but in the bullet placement.
Truer words were never spoken.

I've lived in the "West", Colorado and Montana, just about my whole life, and hunted here for the past 50+ years.

I've killed a good pile of deer, elk, moose, and most other western animals with plain old cup and core bullets, Partitions, Accubonds, TSX and TTSX, and my last one, an Alaskan Brown Bear with Hammer bullets. My current elk bullets are 180 grain TTSXs from my .300 Weatherby, but before I got that rifle my favorite elk bullets were 180 grain Partitions from my .30 Gibbs.

I care the most about which hunting bullet shoots best in each of my rifles.

I have Leupold scope with their CDS turrets on most of my hunting rifles. I like to practice a lot (like weekly) so to keep the cost of bullets down, I painted white marks on the tops of the turrets for yardages out to 430 yards with my hunting bullets, and I have pencil marks on the top of the turrets for my practice bullets.

Most bullets will kill with proper placement.

My vote is a model 82 Chevy. I’ve never taken a deer with one, but I knocked down a cow cattle dead in its tracks back in the 90’s. Not much of a blood trail, but quite the crap trail.

Both are great. Sounds made up but depends on caliber and velocity. The goal with copper is to punch out the other side. Entry and exit will be smaller with copper. Partitions have been getting it done for decades. Personally I like accubonds.

I doubt with well placed shots either will kill any animal any deader or quicker than the other! Neither bullet will overcome poor shot placement! The best bullet for you is the one you shoot best!
Absolutely well said.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back